dzygners' forums
You have never visited, or are not logged in.
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author Subject: 3D Studio Max
bodyvisual

490 Posts
Location . in my own fantasy world

posted on 3.22.2003 at 16:14 Reply With Quote
3D Studio Max

Allright... I've been browsing around for quite a while now, and it seems like I'm always hearing about 3D Studio Max.

Could someone please tell me what it is, how hard it is to use, and how much it costs. What is it good for? Just 3D models? or what?

_bdvis loves you.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U bodyvisual
anders
Administrator

2013 Posts
Location . Taipei

posted on 3.22.2003 at 16:30 Reply With Quote
3d max (for short) is one of the popular 3d modeling/animation programs out there...
it's almost in the same league as poweranimator, maya, softimage, houdini and lightwave as well as some others...

it can be used to create simple 3d models to complex short animations to a full blown movie made in 3d...as well as creating special effects for film and television, computer games...and dozens of other uses...

cost : something between US$1000 (student pricing) to US$3000 (for commercial use)... have to double chk on the prices...been awhile since i last saw it...

ease of use : for beginners, it's interface is rather intimidating i think...1000s of tools/functions/etc....but with a good book or tutorial, anyone should get a hang of it without any problems...

[Edited on 3.22.2003 by anders]

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away."
bodyvisual

490 Posts
Location . in my own fantasy world

posted on 3.22.2003 at 18:15 Reply With Quote
1000$??????

oh well...

maybe when i become a millionare..

_bdvis loves you.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U bodyvisual
whatisthematrix

2337 Posts
Location . Sweden

posted on 3.22.2003 at 23:32 Reply With Quote
yeah...that's a lot of money...

I'm whatever I want, you can like it or love it // [loading]
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U whatisthematrix
rene

177 Posts
Location . The netherlands

posted on 3.23.2003 at 20:41 Reply With Quote

who's got a legal version ??

René

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U rene
Aphasia

22 Posts
Location . England

posted on 6.11.2003 at 09:50 Reply With Quote
It's good, i use it at uni, and anything you can think about, you can probably model! If you wanted something simpler, you could try bryce although ii dunno how expensive it is!

- Rich

http://www.aphasicdesign.com/
http://www.xequted.com/
http://aphasia100.deviantart.com/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Aphasia
Skierarc

10 Posts
Location . New York, USA

posted on 11.5.2003 at 21:17 Reply With Quote
if u want a free verison of it. You can get GmaX. it does the same things as 3DS Max but in a much lower caliber. the major downside is that u cant render anything. Alot of people use it for games.

Its made by Discreet the same company that makes 3DS Max

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Skierarc
The_Lobster

132 Posts
Location . Oslo, Norway

posted on 11.14.2004 at 18:50 Reply With Quote
Or you could try out Maya's PLE edition. Exactly the same as the full edition, though you get watermarks on your rendered stuff..

But, it's free! :p

www.aliaswavefront.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U The_Lobster
Chris
CSS Guru

813 Posts
Location . England

posted on 11.14.2004 at 19:52 Reply With Quote
do you really have to drag up old threads?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Chris
Quick Reply [ Show All Smilies ] Not logged in [Login - Register]

© 2002 - 2005 dzygn.com