dzygners' forums
You have never visited, or are not logged in.
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author Subject: smileys from scratch
hitesh.mehta

111 Posts
Location . India

posted on 4.23.2003 at 06:26 Reply With Quote
smileys from scratch

hi guys!

this is my 1st topic for dzygn.com members, i want to know if anyone from this pixel industry knows any special sofware for creating, designing, animating, customizing "smileys" or "emoticons".

I recd an enquiry from a friend of mine to do around 300 smileys..... they will be providing the static gifs and using that as reference we have to give the motion to that smileys....

the major inspiration for me is the yahoo smileys, including the static ones.. which shows the real expressions on each smileys....

i find good and sweet smileys here in this forum tooo

Can anyone guide me on how to do these smileys with any easy tools or is thr any kinda procedure to follow this? i m looking for animated smileys.

[create::craft::construct]
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U hitesh.mehta
anders
Administrator

2013 Posts
Location . Taipei

posted on 4.23.2003 at 06:44 Reply With Quote
hi hitesh,

as far as i'm aware, there is no special sw for smileys creation....you can do them in photoshop and animate in imageready or just do them straight from imageready...

here's a site to give u reference on hundreds of animation...u can see how some effects are done and such..
http://www.mysmilies.com/

might also wanna chekc out http://download.com to see if they got any smiley-making application....

welcome to dz

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away."
Mark
scripter

1599 Posts
Location . Netherlands

posted on 4.23.2003 at 07:20 Reply With Quote
300 smilies.. wow, good luck with that man!

| Mark
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Mark
hitesh.mehta

111 Posts
Location . India

posted on 4.23.2003 at 07:41 Reply With Quote
i thank anders for the reply and the link he shared, and also to Neo for his wishes.....
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U hitesh.mehta
hzr

1701 Posts
Location . localhost

posted on 4.23.2003 at 08:27 Reply With Quote
Welcome to the forum. Show you're smilies when they're ready, huh?

=)

hzr
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U hzr
abhi

581 Posts
Location . India

posted on 4.23.2003 at 12:53 Reply With Quote
welcome here Hitesh. u from Mumbai?

~!@#$%^&*(). period!
Mark
scripter

1599 Posts
Location . Netherlands

posted on 4.23.2003 at 14:48 Reply With Quote
Maybe this is an idea:
"PureHybrid show off your smilin' skills"

| Mark
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Mark
hitesh.mehta

111 Posts
Location . India

posted on 4.24.2003 at 04:55 Reply With Quote
I M FROM CHENNAI, ABHI!

[create::craft::construct]
pixiegal

378 Posts
Location . SnOwY SwE

posted on 4.28.2003 at 16:11 Reply With Quote
well anders, you better finding the program quickly then I no need to suffer it with the image ready hehehehe

[ All lifes buffets should be met with dignity and good sense ]
Doz3r

14 Posts
Location . Making Pixels! ^^

posted on 4.3.2004 at 13:02 Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hitesh.mehta
hi guys!

this is my 1st topic for dzygn.com members, i want to know if anyone from this pixel industry knows any special sofware for creating, designing, animating, customizing "smileys" or "emoticons".

I recd an enquiry from a friend of mine to do around 300 smileys..... they will be providing the static gifs and using that as reference we have to give the motion to that smileys....

the major inspiration for me is the yahoo smileys, including the static ones.. which shows the real expressions on each smileys....

i find good and sweet smileys here in this forum tooo

Can anyone guide me on how to do these smileys with any easy tools or is thr any kinda procedure to follow this? i m looking for animated smileys.

I do and it's photoshop go to www.good-tutorials.com and in the search type in "smileys" and it will give you some tuts.

"Twice I have held your life in my hands and twice I have given it back.The third time,your mine" -Doz3r
birdie

1 Posts
Location . Norway

posted on 10.20.2004 at 12:55 Reply With Quote
There are also heaps of neat applications and makers "out there", like these:
http://www.geocities.com/laithie2000/index.html (download standalone application to run on your own pc, only "weakness" is that images are saved as bmp and have to be cropped later on)
http://christian.net/smileygenerator

- but then, they wouldn't be "yours", if you kwim.. *shrugs*

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U birdie
Quick Reply [ Show All Smilies ] Not logged in [Login - Register]

© 2002 - 2005 dzygn.com