dzygners' forums
You have never visited, or are not logged in.
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author Subject: to SLR or not to SLR?
tootall

16 Posts
Location . nebraska

posted on 5.9.2003 at 13:35 Reply With Quote
to SLR or not to SLR?

is that the question? I'm looking at buying an SLR and have no idea what I'm really looking for in one. I would like either a Nikon or Canon, mainly because I have heard nothing but great things about them and I have a Nikon 4300 DIgicam and love it. I have a couple questions. Do any of you have an SLR? If so which one? If not, why?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U tootall
anders
Administrator

2013 Posts
Location . Taipei

posted on 5.9.2003 at 15:02 Reply With Quote
got nikon fm2 and pentax mz50..
pentax is nice..
nikon fm2 is the best ive used..

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away."
pixiegal

378 Posts
Location . SnOwY SwE

posted on 5.9.2003 at 17:44 Reply With Quote
hmm.. I'm not qualify for giving you any opinion cos not much I used. ahahha I still stick with my old old ooooooooooold Minolta X-700

don't know why, I felt more confidence with the Canon camera.. and then following by is Nikon.

newhold

48 Posts
Location . Bangor, Northern Ireland

posted on 5.9.2003 at 20:10 Reply With Quote
my bro-in-law has a pentax slr & he swears by it!

I'm looking to get an SLR also in the next few months [when the money avails itself]. My photography experience started with a Lomo LCA then to digital, I want to branch into what people call 'real' photography... The only reason I haven't gone for an SLR before now would be the prohibitive cost.. I'll always be a Lomo fan, it's over hyped and over styled - but I still love what it throws out... That would be the main difference between what I'm used to and SLR, SLR doesn't throw out photos - you need to craft them... [note to self: you talk utter shite after a few glasses of wine].

Pete Wynne

jooli

1887 Posts
Location . NYC

posted on 5.10.2003 at 14:37 Reply With Quote
haha pete... at least u ppl have the money to get em... i'm still dreaming about it and using disposibles (pretty amazing what u get outta it... just lose quality when u try to scan em, but photo developing places now burn your pics to CDs!!) ahk.. so offtopic

[Currently working on] Surviving teaching video production, and editing shorts
newhold

48 Posts
Location . Bangor, Northern Ireland

posted on 5.10.2003 at 16:06 Reply With Quote
yeah jooli, anywhere near me charges a fortune to wack em onto CD - like they charge more than the actual developing itself...
topic? oh yeah... SLR - tootal - there are loads of good sites that offer reviews of SLRs etc, they are generally kick-ass. Let us see the results when you make your purchase

Pete Wynne

tootall

16 Posts
Location . nebraska

posted on 5.12.2003 at 13:09 Reply With Quote
talked to the wife, seems she doesn't think it's worth it to buy an slr and that waiting to purchase a digital slr would be better. granted the cost is a bit more, i think it will be worth it as well. and by the time i can afford it, maybe the price will have dropped enough that i can buy a couple of lenses. I'm thinking the Canon 10D is the one I want, but we'll see in a year what i'm wanting. hehe
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U tootall
Mark
scripter

1599 Posts
Location . Netherlands

posted on 5.12.2003 at 13:32 Reply With Quote
Now the discussion is over, what the fcuk is an SLR?????

| Mark
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Mark
anders
Administrator

2013 Posts
Location . Taipei

posted on 5.12.2003 at 13:54 Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tootall
I'm thinking the Canon 10D is the one I want

lol...that's the same one pixiegal is craving for...heheh.

http://www.dzygn.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=461

quote:

Now the discussion is over, what the fcuk is an SLR?????

mark..u serious?

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away."
Mark
scripter

1599 Posts
Location . Netherlands

posted on 5.12.2003 at 17:39 Reply With Quote
Uhm yeah. What do I know about photography man!

| Mark
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Mark
Dan

221 Posts
Location . Sheffield, UK

posted on 5.12.2003 at 21:25 Reply With Quote
I'd kill for a Canon 10D. I have the EOS30 which is a very close analogue version of the 10D. I really like Canon's I used to have an EOS300, my Dad's got a 50 and a friend has a 3. All are very good, reliable cameras with good optics. You can get a body and nice lens for about 400. A decent digital SLR will set you back 2500 - and I don't see that coming down much in the near future.

-- no sig --
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Dan
Dan

221 Posts
Location . Sheffield, UK

posted on 5.12.2003 at 21:27 Reply With Quote
Neo: SLR = Single Lens Reflex. It basically means a camera where the eyepiece actually looks through the lens that will take the photo. Allows for more realistic framing.

-- no sig --
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Dan
tootall

16 Posts
Location . nebraska

posted on 5.13.2003 at 12:58 Reply With Quote
you can get the 10D for $1500 at www.etronics.com , but that doesn't include a lense. not bad, but I think i'm going to just get a used slr for now to learn some basic stuff and then save up and get a digital slr.
Mark
scripter

1599 Posts
Location . Netherlands

posted on 5.13.2003 at 14:44 Reply With Quote
Thanks for the explanation Dan

| Mark
tootall

16 Posts
Location . nebraska

posted on 6.18.2003 at 12:58 Reply With Quote
well, i bought the Canon Ti and now I'm selling it on ebay. man, i really didn't need it afterall, my digicam pretty much does just as good of job as the slr and i don't have to pay for film. oh well, better do a little more research next time.
Quick Reply [ Show All Smilies ] Not logged in [Login - Register]

© 2002 - 2005 dzygn.com