dzygners' forums
You have never visited, or are not logged in.
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author Subject: Long Exposure
tootall

16 Posts
Location . nebraska

posted on 6.18.2003 at 13:00 Reply With Quote
Long Exposure

I have to be doing something wrong. I have it set for F7.6 and 2 second exposure, but everytime i end up with a white picture, anyone have a Nikon 4300? or know how to do a long exposure on it? HELP!!! plz

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U tootall
Sergi
backend messer

465 Posts
Location . Barcelona

posted on 6.18.2003 at 14:52 Reply With Quote
obviously it'll depend on the light at the moment of shooting. 2 seconds should be bight, right? Otherwise you'll literaly burn the image no matter (nearly) what aperture you choose.

Sergi: [ meddle v2 ] || [ gen7es ] || [ e ]
anders
Administrator

2013 Posts
Location . Taipei

posted on 6.19.2003 at 02:05 Reply With Quote
yeah..as sergi said, the seconds would depend on the amount of light u have that moment...
2 seconds seems a bit long...is it a night shot or day shot?
i'd think 2seconds would be fitting for darker surrounding shots using low light....

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away."
Sergi
backend messer

465 Posts
Location . Barcelona

posted on 6.19.2003 at 09:40 Reply With Quote
when i said "2 seconds should be bight, right?" i ment NIGHT. Of course seconds/aperture combo is what matters but 2 seconds at 7.6 looks like a night shot. Or there you have the reason for a burnt shot at day light.

tootall

16 Posts
Location . nebraska

posted on 6.19.2003 at 13:59 Reply With Quote
humm, interesting, what would you suggest for a day shot then? maybe 2.8 / 1/2" ?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U tootall
Sergi
backend messer

465 Posts
Location . Barcelona

posted on 6.19.2003 at 14:39 Reply With Quote
doesnt your camera come with a light measurer? weird enough. I always let the camera choose the light, dont invent it yourself unless you know what you're doin.

For instance your camera says 125/5.6 and you want more depth of field, then you'd change to 30/9 and it should give you approx. the same light. Normally cameras come with aperture or speed programas, that let you choose either and then the camera readjustes the combo.

tootall

16 Posts
Location . nebraska

posted on 6.23.2003 at 14:19 Reply With Quote
I was trying to get a different style than what it normally takes, that's why it has the manual mode i'm guessing. Auto is fine for most things, but if i want to spice it up a bit, changing the settings has to be done.
Sergi
backend messer

465 Posts
Location . Barcelona

posted on 6.23.2003 at 21:38 Reply With Quote
a little of theory on 'steps' of light wont hurt then. It's fairly easy but you have to learn about it. Again, if your camera accepts speed and/or aperture programs you can start learning by trial and error.

Quick Reply [ Show All Smilies ] Not logged in [Login - Register]

© 2002 - 2005 dzygn.com