dzygners' forums
You have never visited, or are not logged in.
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author Subject: Designing Games?
jooli

1887 Posts
Location . NYC

posted on 4.4.2005 at 15:36 Reply With Quote
Designing Games?

Was wondering if any of you guys have ever thought to program a game with fullfledge graphics and stuff (not talking pixel images like oldschool Mario or something)

These days all I sort of do is play WoW and its really getting me into the whole 3DAnimation for games!

Be interesting to hear your thoughts.

I'm going in all directions here atm... Doing alot of film/video editing work, and a whole lot less webdesign! >.<

[Currently working on] Surviving teaching video production, and editing shorts
Chris
CSS Guru

813 Posts
Location . England

posted on 4.4.2005 at 16:08 Reply With Quote
its a big industry.. two of my mates are doing computer games programming at uni. the design side of it is completely separate from the programming side; i'm assuming you're into the design side?

the programming side (for decent games anyway), require all sorts of physics and stuff, and if I understand all this correctly, you write an "engine" for the physics and stuff. and then there's all the AI programming etc... it gets pretty complex. thats about all i know about this stuff, heh

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Chris
Mark
scripter

1599 Posts
Location . Netherlands

posted on 4.4.2005 at 18:09 Reply With Quote
Nope. I'm a API guy. By that I mean I like to write stuff which interacts with other stuff.

Btw, wasn't it DZ's birthday some days ago? Or was it some months ago already?

| Mark
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Mark
Quick Reply [ Show All Smilies ] Not logged in [Login - Register]

© 2002 - 2005 dzygn.com